Grilled Apples With Cheese and Honey
Dessert meets the cheese plate when you drizzle grilled apples and flavorful cheese with honey and toasted pecans for a quick and healthy finish to any meal for two. This is a good chance to try some exotic honeys—their nuances will shine in this simple dessert.
- 1 large apple(s) or 2 small tart apples, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 2 teaspoon oil, (coconut, walnut, almond)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar, stevia or xylitol
- 1 ounce(s) cheese, cheddar, sharp or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoon nuts, pecans, toasted
- 4 teaspoon honey
Here are your instructions:
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
Toss apple slices with oil and sugar in a large bowl. Grill the apple slices until just tender and lightly marked, turning once, about 6 minutes total.
Shave cheese into thin strips with a vegetable peeler. Top the apple slices with a sprinkling of cheese and nuts and drizzle with honey.
Calories 250, Fat 14g, Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 93mg, Saturated Fat 3g, Protein 5g, Fiber 3g, Carbohydrates 30g